General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Don't buy from Bill Heard

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this company not shut down by the BBB?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live about 5 miles from the dealership the thread starter mentioned , the amount of complaints lodged against this dealership is mind boggling. I bought a new '95 S-10 Blazer from them back in the day and it was my first and last truck from them ever. If you live in Nashville , I'd suggest Jim Reed Chevrolet, the dealership has been around since the early 1900s (really)and they buy their vehicles outright , not on a floor plan. You can usually get a little better deal from them because they're not paying interest on them. Bill Heard just plain is a rip-off.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That guy who got his truck taken back must have had a cool temper. If i saw my car that I just bought back on the sales lot with people looking at it I would have started kicking ***. I cant tell you how fired up I got when I was just reading the article. Maybe its becuase I value my car alot and I know others value theirs as well, and its something that should never be f*&ked with
Old 07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man that is bullshit. i hope the workers come into work one day to find some cars on their lot with smashed windshields. that is completely unacceptable.

i mean shoot, the place i bought my car gave me a few problems, they mailed me my title 2 days after my temp registration expired so i had to drive around illegally for 2 days til i could make it to the DMV

but my buying experience was excellent! my car was, on KBB, worth $15,950 - and that's without the brand new set of 275 tires, ZO6 rims and the SLP Y2Y package - so really it was worth quite a bit more. they gave me the car for $14,500 - PLUS they gave me $1,100 dollars more for my old car in a trade than it was worth. i also got free pizza for lunch and the dude literally emptied his wallet to help fill up the gas tank. even though there was the issue with the title, the buying experience was great. now that i look back at it, they went above and beyond the extra mile. i'd buy from there again, even if it was a 120 mile drive from my house just to get there
Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah Bill Heard is near me and they have been having some crazy stuff going on there for a looooong time.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would be pissed like hell if someone came and took my new truck in the middle of the night and i saw it for sale on their lot after i had paid, signed the contract and drove off. Did he get his money back. I would go to the lot-put the keys that he said he has in it and just take off. They took it from him... it is HIS truck... he has the title, not the dealership. He signed the title-making it HIS. So i would go and take the damn thing back.. making it their 'civil litigation.' Right after i took a huge dump all over Bill Terds vehicle. bastard
Old 07-30-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I knew somebody who used to work at Bill Heard, said that when they cleaned the cars they'd drive them down the back lot to blow the water of of them. Said all of the porters would have a competition to see who could get the highest speed, said they were doing burnouts and going 90mph in some people's brand new Vettes before they took delivery.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Bill Heard.........looked it up in the dictionary, said true definition of a FUBAR dealership (at least the sales department).........and unfortunately I can vouch for that FIRST HAND! The Huntsville, Al. location in addition to the one hear in Nashville. I here the Nashville Better Business Bureau has a whole department dedicated to handling Bill Heard claims. In todays (07/30/06) TENNESSEAN newspaper (Nashville's daily) Mr. Heard had the audacity to buy a whole page add praising himself, oh yea, he quoted his ONLY TWO (out of 1000's) satisfied customers in it. That place is pathetic!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would have definately been at the stealership the next day, hopped in my damn truck with 'my' title in my hand and drove it back off the lot. it would sit in my garage and i would post up the next few nights with my shotgun in my lap waiting for one of those dumbass mother ******* to come try to steal it back...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
i would have definately been at the stealership the next day, hopped in my damn truck with 'my' title in my hand and drove it back off the lot. it would sit in my garage and i would post up the next few nights with my shotgun in my lap waiting for one of those dumbass mother ******* to come try to steal it back...
I agree. Since it is not a "criminal" matter I would have had my sales contract in hand and just drove off with the truck.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

You've got to be kidding me? Asshats...

Good thing there is no Bill Heard up here around Bristol
Old 08-02-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FrozenMonkey
How is this company not shut down by the BBB?
A better question is why hasn't GM revoked his dealership license?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

gm is sleeping shhh you dont want to wake them up, call them tomm.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bill Heard = especially after they pulled that stunt on the guy. The're lucky they don't have any stealerships in this state. Lets just say there are more guns than people here and leave it at that.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

1st off i would have beat the hell out of the salesman. then i would have picked the salesman up and beat the manager with him. thats just not right. i know if the place i bought my 99 Trans Am from would have done that heads would be rolling. 1 thing u dont mess with is peoples cars. that guy burning down the ford dealership was kinda funny tho. guy has alot of *****. at least it wasnt a GM dealership
Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Resident

lol if that guy woulda hopped into his car and drove off while those people were looking at it, it woulda been GREAT. i woulda told them before i hopped in that it was my car, showed them the contract, told them bill heard stole it back in the middle of the night because they wanted more money for it and told them to tell their family and friends never to buy from bill heard right in front of the salesman...and if the salesman didn't let me in my car i would have hooked that ************ right in the jaw and called the cops.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

ummm, the guy legally owns the vehicle, and still has the keys. I'd just go to the dealership in broad daylight, get in, drive home. If the dealer calls the cops, when the guys gets pulled over all he has to do is show his registration, etc. Then, wait for someone to try and take the truck again, and introduce them to the 2nd amendment.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

man i wish someone would do that... be some nice anger management as i beat the living **** out of them trying to take back my firebird
Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Watch this ROFL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bVDB9oERY...rch=dealership
Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW what a messed up deal. Honestly if this was the first time this ever happended i might understand a little bit but it said there were hundreds and hundreds of cases against them.