General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help?

ok guys what should i do ? i have 130k miles on my motor i want to buy a cam,headers,intake,and maby some heads ........ should i rebuild the engine first ? who sales a good rebuild kit? or would you mod it till the engine blows
Old 08-13-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that decision lies within yourself and your budget. But if I had that many miles on an engine, and was thinking about heaving modding, I'd pull it and go for a 383 or bigger displacement.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

believe it or not you can get a really nice forged short block for pretty cheap from some of our sponsors. you could do that. put the stock heads on it and spray it. then once you have the extra $ go for heads and better intake. keep an eye out in the for sale section I have found a number of deals, for great prices. but me if I had the time to let it sit for a while I would pull the motor and put a 408 in its place. I am kind of bias though
Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FST99Z
believe it or not you can get a really nice forged short block for pretty cheap from some of our sponsors. you could do that. put the stock heads on it and spray it. then once you have the extra $ go for heads and better intake. keep an eye out in the for sale section I have found a number of deals, for great prices. but me if I had the time to let it sit for a while I would pull the motor and put a 408 in its place. I am kind of bias though
on all accounts. My motor has 122k miles and is still kicking ***, yours may last another 100k miles, or another 20k miles after you cam/head it. Forged 347's can be had for LESS than a set of heads and a cam, and heads/cam prices are going down. It's easy to build a 460rwhp 347 these days.