General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

big question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default big question!!!

alright, i have a 99 ss, my beauty, and i have a 01 neon se, my daily driver. i just came upon a 05 srt4 orange blast with 40k miles. it was traded in at my dealership for very cheap. i have a chance to get it for $15k. its valued at over $17,6k. its mostly stock with the exception of a agp wga. they are putting brand new tires on it also with an alignment. i really dont need the vehicle but i do enjoy driving the srt's. now the problem with my neon is i was thinking about trading it in but my insurance would skyrocket if i only had the srt4 and ss. the neon se doesnt cost my anything so it wont hurt to keep it. i could keep the neon se as my daily driver and put the ss in storage for the winter and just cruise with the srt4. i guess the thing is does a guy who just turned 20 really need a ss, srt4, and a neon se. oh and finances are not a problem with this situation. any insight would help.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, those thing are fugly
Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

the srt 4 is a cool car.. a good friend of mine has one that runs high 12's mostly stock.. but for a winter car, i would think its a bad idea. the traction isnt good in em. i test drove a stock on and chirped 2nd and 3rd on accident. if u were lookin for a cool car to drive for the winter in that price area id get a wrx or something of that sort. maybe even a 3000GT VR-4 those are sweet, and great in the snow. plus u cant beat awd burnouts
Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you are the only person qualified to answer the question.

Want, desire, money and reality are the factors to consider.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

yeah man, keep the SS and the neon se. +1 on the wrx, the awd will be good for the snow, but the vr4 will cost more and are heavy. plus the subies are very well built, so you shouldnt have any trouble long term. just dont get a honda!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

I almost bought an srt before I bought the TA but I just couldnt bring myself to do it.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well see thats the thing. i wont be getting rid of the ss, that out of the question. and im not buying it for just a winter vehicle. i mostly likely will be driving the neon se most of the time anyway. just pretty much as a fun car. i do like them and my friend bought one from me and its a quick little thing. but i guess your right, its my decision.