General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

T/A emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A emblems

Hi, I'm new to the ls1 world, T/A were out of production before I could drive, but I'm looking to get 98-02 T/A. I was just wondering about the T/A emblems on the side of the car, some that I see are the same as the body color and others are off colors like a black car with a white writing. This also goes for the bird on the front bumper. I was just wondering why this is it just different model years or what? Could someone give a complete explaination (what years had what). I also sometimes see T/A without the pontiac writing under the rear tail lights. Any info about the production of recent T/A would be helpful in my decition of which car to choose.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Do some lurking in the Pontiac Firebird Forum and the Appearance & Detailing Forum.

The off-color door emblems & front license plate cover 'bird you speak of are just vinyl overlays that owners have applied to their cars. It's not a factory deal.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Here's what you need. A 2001 or 2002 TA WS6 or Firehawk.

That's it. Then mod it till your parents are poor.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

or if you don't care about the hood and want a car that is just as fast, get a regular TA and save yourself the obligatory $3000 extra for WS6 badges
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought brand new silver Trans Am emblems for mine. There were only like 40 bucks. Better than the vinyl overlays. As for the "Pontiac writing under the taillights", most (including myself) do use vinyl lettering to fill it in. I think you are thinking about the rear filler panel where there is a Bird and the word TRANS AM or FIREBIRD is there. Those tend to wear off pretty easily, so some people just polish it and make the entire thing black. Kinda cleans it up.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirebirdWS62K1
Here's what you need. A 2001 or 2002 TA WS6 or Firehawk.

That's it. Then mod it till your parents are poor.
Thank you all for your input, I really apreciate it. Oh and by the way I'm not quite that young I have been enlisted in the USAF for about a year and a half now, left a month after I graduated high school. Boy do I wish I could still just mod it till my parents are poor.