General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

does the tornado work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol....i was riding with my wifes brother last week and he asked me if i had seen them ,i kinda laughed said he was bidding on one on ebay along with one of those electric blowers.said the seller told him with both clamped in his air duct it would net him 100 horses.i just busted out laughing.told him that was major bs.
he didnt believe me so i said oh well its your money.
these are the same people that think there lt1 formula bone stock has 396hp i about had to fight the guy over this.

stupid inlaws..
Old 05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
Yes it works very well. I have ten thousand for sale if you would be interested in becoming a rep. Have you ever thought about the advantage of owning your own Bridge? I can get you a good deal on the Golden Gate right now. PM me.
very funny

Old 05-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Some dudes on some garage show on Spike, or something, that have beards and stuff say it is good. If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

I did find something disturbing, Hot Rod magazine gave the Tornado one of the best new products of the year award when it was came out.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
If you're worried about fuel economy, buy a Honda.
ive never heard anything more true from a guy with a cobra
Old 05-05-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SteveS
Some dudes on some garage show on Spike, or something, that have beards and stuff say it is good. If it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me.
They might have tested it's immediate gains but seriously were talking about a product that is without a doubt underengineered and potentially dangerous. I doun't care what it is, if it has moving parts and has a direct route to your intake manifold and engine it better be engineered so well that it costs a lot more. There is a reason you don't see real sports cars with these things. If they really were durable and efficient then you would see every N/A car with them.

Stay away from them. I've watched those shows on SpikeTV most of them you can practically smell the bullshit sponsor motivated crap through your TV. Seriously watch one of those shows with those guys and if you really are a well versed car enthusiast you will find yourself laughing at them. I was ripping on them when they did a special about an 05 mustang they fitted with intake/exhaust/nitrous and how "crazy fast" it was then they ran into an early LT1 firebird (stock by its sound) on the street and barely beat it and they talked about how amazingly fast the GT was.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

**** i am buying two of them, one for my intake and one for my exhaust. I mean if it does what it says it does than it will improve my exhaust flow right??? Then i am going to hook up a vtec controller to the ls1 and have it kick in earlier!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jond99
**** i am buying two of them, one for my intake and one for my exhaust. I mean if it does what it says it does than it will improve my exhaust flow right??? Then i am going to hook up a vtec controller to the ls1 and have it kick in earlier!
hell yeah! have it come on at WOT.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fibbado
They might have tested it's immediate gains but seriously were talking about a product that is without a doubt underengineered and potentially dangerous. I doun't care what it is, if it has moving parts and has a direct route to your intake manifold and engine it better be engineered so well that it costs a lot more. There is a reason you don't see real sports cars with these things. If they really were durable and efficient then you would see every N/A car with them.

Stay away from them. I've watched those shows on SpikeTV most of them you can practically smell the bullshit sponsor motivated crap through your TV. Seriously watch one of those shows with those guys and if you really are a well versed car enthusiast you will find yourself laughing at them. I was ripping on them when they did a special about an 05 mustang they fitted with intake/exhaust/nitrous and how "crazy fast" it was then they ran into an early LT1 firebird (stock by its sound) on the street and barely beat it and they talked about how amazingly fast the GT was.
I know, I was totally kidding.

When I think about Tornadoes, I daydream of them getting sucked into turbos and combustion chambers and wreaking all sorts of havoc. I wish I could make a cartoon out of it, but I don't have time.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It works best if you live in the midwest (A.K.A. "tornado alley"). Check my thread-I have it and it made BIG power when I drove through Kansas.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Teching In

I got one for free from tornado a few years back at sema........lost 12.5 on the dyno
Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MongooseFRC
I got one for free from tornado a few years back at sema........lost 12.5 on the dyno
You really lost that much power!?!? Thats awesome. I think the designers are either brilliant and fooled a lot of people, or forgot basic conservation of energy rules.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love my twin turbonators..... I get 51 mpg and an extra 65 hp from each one!!!!! I had my gto dynoed afterwards and the results were outstanding... thanks tornado guys!!!! hahahahaha
Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

If there is a product that can produce and sustain a vortex through the intake elbow, tb, and intake. I'll take one. As for this Tornado gadget,

Absolutely..

NOT!!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Launching!

My buddy and i were at Checkers or autozone one day and we just stopped and said"WTF is this?'After laughing and cracking some jokes we bounced......without the tornado
Old 05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Absolutely NOT!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
It works best if you live in the midwest (A.K.A. "tornado alley"). Check my thread-I have it and it made BIG power when I drove through Kansas.

Thats just wrong man.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

i think i finally figured it out in order for the tornado to work it has to be accompanied by an emblem of a horse and american made at that.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I heard that it only works with octane booster and the zmax engine treatment.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

I hate to say it, but it really does work. I had it on my 03 S-10 and i got an extra 25 Miles per tank. It might help on performance but i really didnt notice.