General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What Next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Next?

It has 60,000 miles on it, it got a 224/224 Thunder Racing cam and Jet Hot long tubes about 23,000 or so miles ago. Last year it pulled 390 at the wheels with the cut out closed, and 399 with it open. Kenny Diamond SFC’s, Carbon Fiber lid, smooth bellows, new NK plugs 4 times now with Taylor wires, underdrive pulley with alt overdrive, LS6 intake and a Flowmaster muffler with one Magnaflow cat to cut out the rasp. Hurst short shifter McLeod kevlar clutch and master cylinder are the only trans mods,Powerslot dimpled and slotted roters and hawk pads, painted calipers and brackets black.

SO what Next? dont have to much cash so somthin smaller than heads rear or forced induction. I dont want nitrous either.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

9 H.P. from the cut out being open! That's not bad!

You have obviously got your car dynoed because you have numbers, but have you thought of a dyno tune?

You have the basic list of bolt-ons taken care of and if your not looking to spend much more than a few hundred bucks than I would look into a ported throttle body (I noticed that Bo White is back to porting) and a dyno tune.

You could also look into upgrading your suspension and work on putting that 390 to the ground better. An adjustable torque arm from BMR is a good place to start. Also an adj. pan hard rod and maybe some lower control arms.

just my $.02