General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

Oh my god my headlight motors have been messing up lately but I didn't think this would happen! I go to work and turn my lights off and they go down but the motor keeps going and all I hear is a constant grind, it stops then goes back up and then goes down and starts grinding. I can't get it to stop so I put it on the off position and it still won't stop, I take the keys out of the car and it's still grinding...
I have to leave the car parked outside with the dim lights on just to keep it from grinding. I come back from work and of course the battery is dead, I'm in a parking lot and people are parked all around me so I can't get the car jumped.
It wouldn't matter if I could because I can't get the headlights to stop grinding and it would just be drained the next day.
My car is parked out in a nasty *** parking lot with no alarm system, and it's dead and stuck. I have no way to go get it now
How do I get the headlights to stop this?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your nylon gears are stripped in the motors or the limit switch is gone out. Somebody *might* make a rebuild kit but most likely it's new motor time. Sorry to be a bummer.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

ye go to google.com and type in Trans am Headlight Motor Fix. And you'll get to the fix it guide. it works very well.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Launching!

One of the headlight motors is brand new, it was replaced in january and they were both grinding.
I am really starting to hate these cars.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Launching!

theres a guy on ebay that sells brass headlight gears-there like 40 bucks but theyll never strip