General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Advice needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed!!!

Ok guys...I hope this is the right place to be posting this thread so if it isn't I apologize to the moderators for the inconvenience.

I was wanting to get some feedback on the new Silverado pickup trucks since I'm going tomorrow afternoon to possibly purchase one. Right now I'm kinda hung up in the middle of whether to get a gas motor or go ahead and drop some more cash and come home with a Duramax. Could you guys give me some input both good/bad on the gas motors: 4.8L, 5.3L, and the 6.0L??? Also...what's everyone's opinion of the Duramax mated up with the 6-speed automatic Allison transsmission? Please guys help me out here and lemme know what kinda gas mileage and everything you all get with these different motors because I'm sure that there's plenty of you here who have one of these trucks. The reason I'm highly thinking about getting one is because of the 0% financing and I'll get a supplier's discount on any new vehicle that I buy from my workplace. Thanks guys and I hope this isn't a bother...I'll be checking back in before bed...thanks!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

The Diesel is your best bet. very efficient and you can mod them without problems for speed, and milage helpers. the 04 and 07 are the good ones to get, also comes with a A6 Allison transmission. they last forever, generally speaking. good on gas. and if your going on a road trip you don't have to worry about your gas engine having problems when leaving it on, a diesel can stay on for as long as you want it to. good luck in your search
Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Me, I'd pass on the duramax. I just hate diesel's though. Plus you can still get the 6l80e trans behind a 6.0L. the 6.0 has plenty of power for hauling and now has a bad *** trans behind it. Get a 2500hd 6.0/A6, you will not be disappointed.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't drove a new Duramax you need to. These things are awesome for stock. The power feels like a gas engine with the efficiency of diesel. They pull hard and the 6 speed Allison is awesome for towing. .02
Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

alright guys...thanks for all the info...keep it coming...going TOMORROW!!! thanks everyone!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Id get the diesel Not a duramax maybe a cummins but a diesel either way I wouldnt waste the money on a gas when a diesel could be had for 4 to 6 grand more and worth alot more in the future. Out of the two you spoke of go duramax