General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1Tech Biography

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1Tech Biography

Well, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything of the sort done before, so I figured as a step ahead of the basic greetings, I would introduce my self further. Just a little get to know eachother kind of thing.

Myself:

Name: Andrew
Car info: 1998 Z28 Camaro: Flowmaster catback, no catalytic converter
First car: 1997 Chevy Malibu
Hometown: Livonia, Michigan
Occupation: Student (high school), Engineering Intern at Cequent Towing Products

Just a little more background on the car - When I turned 15, I got a typical McDonald's job flipping burgers. I saved every penny of every paycheck for a car, and purchased a 1997 Chevy Malibu from an older gentleman for $2,000 a week after I turned 16. At the time, it had 68,000 miles on it. This past summer, I was given the opportunity to work as an engineering intern making nearly triple minimum wage. Around this time, a friend of mine became in desperate need of a DD when his 11 second Grand Prix GTP spun a bearing and went down temporarily. He offered me the $2,000 I paid for it, with 76,000 miles on it. I had my eye on a Camaro by neighbor was selling, and jumped at the opportunity. Using the hard earned cash I collected over the summer, along with the $2,000 now in my pocket, I purchased the Camaro for $5,300 in August. It had 110,000 miles on it. My neighbor had cared for this car wonderfully - he bought it used in 2004 with 50,000 miles on it, and drove the car almost every weekend to his cottage in northern Michigan (about 200 miles away). It now has 113,000 miles on it, and is my DD. I currently hope to reach low 12's by Summer 2008, with a H/C combo and basic bolt-ons.

Anyone else care to share who they are and how they came to LS1Tech?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Name: Josh
Car info: 2000 Z28 Camaro, Mods: SLP lid, no front grille and side molding removed, 10 spoke SS wheels.
First car: 1995 Ford Taurus
Hometown: Martinsville, IN
Occupation: Student at Indiana University, Looking for a job second semester(all money is for mods, school crap is paid for)

Well my first car my dad bought me for 2500. I still have it and it runs pretty well three years later, its my dd. I came to tech through a friend who had a B4C his dad bought. The first time I was slammed back in my seat I was hooked. He knew quite a bit about cars being around them all his life, and I wanted to learn. So he pointed me to this site and I learned all I could about LSX cars and late model Chevys from this site and him and his brother. Its like a disease really. So I started working and saving all my money. I saved about three grand and my Dad saw how bad I wanted it. He helped me get a loan and I have been paying for every bit of it insurance as well. It had 97000 and I found it in Auto & RV, I have had it for over a year now. It sits now with 103xxx safely under her cover in the garage for the winter. I want to do full bolt ons by the Summer of 08. We will see where it goes from there!

Last edited by jrob56; 12-27-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Name: Nick

Car info: 2001 Sunset orange Trans Am 6-speed, Kooks 1 3/4 TSP True duals no cats, sweet thunder dumps, SLP flow pack.

First car: 1997 Ford Ranger

Hometown: Oak Forest, IL

Occupation: Student at maraine valley, Valet guy. Park cars, trying to get into something else.

Well it all started when I was 15 started to look for a car. Had always been into cars as my dad had a 77 trans am brand new. Still has to this day. When my brother got a new car he gave me the ranger. Got it with 122,000 miles, base model, role up windows, no power anything, new he wouldn't have sold it for jack anyway. Saved up for a my 1973 Trans Am that I bought for 5,000 back in 03-04. I got it looking like a peice of $hit. Still was a piece when I sold it, but it looked good and had a lot of options going for it. Red on white, 455 engine turbo 400 trans, air conditioning, power windows, Numbers matching# everything. Sold that car in 2006. To pay for my SOM bird. Hopefully by the summer time It will have the T-rex in it with underdrive pulley and spray that I wanted to put in it.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Name: Julius Caesar
Car info: Chariot w/horse power
First car: Chariot w/slave power
Hometown: Rome, Italy
Occupation: High Priest/Military Leader/Political Leader/Dictator

Recent pic taken at the Sears Portrait Studio: