General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driveshaft vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft vibration

My rear transmission seal was leaking so I decided to change it along with the fluid. It went ok, decided to change trans mount as it was broke in half also bought energy suspension poly. I have read about taking the spacer plate out of the energy suspension trans mount and plan on doing that tomorrow. Anyway, I went for a drive and it vibrates very bad. I did not mark the position of the u-joints on the drive shaft I thought I have read before that you should. I also decided to change my u-joints and can not get them out. I have changed u-joints in other cars but these are in tight and will not move. Any info. appreciated.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Driveshaft vibration

Changed rear u-joint. Very hard to get out. I had read in previous post that if you grind the "humps" off of the energy suspension trans mount and take out the metal spacer it dampens some of the vibration poly mounts are known for. I did it went for a ride and it did make it vibrate less. I feel that the vibration is from the poly mount. Does not vibrate when coasting, it feels like the motor is vibrating through the mount. Some people deal with the noise, it is way too much for me. I am ordering a 1LE mount.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Driveshaft vibration

FYI, the 1LE mount is the same mount as the 200-2002 WS-6/SS Mount, so I'm told.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Possibly the reason the u-joints are so hard to take out is because they have a plastic keeper in it.....You will have to use a torch on em', At least thats what i did!!