General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Interior Lights won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights won't shut off

I pulled the console out of my car last weekend while replacing my T/O bearing, and after I put it all back together my interior lights won't shut off while the car is running, which is incredibly annoying at night. Also after I park the car and shut the door, it takes almost 15 mins. for the lights to shut off. Anyone know what the hell could be causing this?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by W es 6
I pulled the console out of my car last weekend while replacing my T/O bearing, and after I put it all back together my interior lights won't shut off while the car is running, which is incredibly annoying at night. Also after I park the car and shut the door, it takes almost 15 mins. for the lights to shut off. Anyone know what the hell could be causing this?
It almost sounds like the door position sensor got damaged or has a short and the car thinks the door is open all the time. If I leave my door open for a long period of time the lights stay on awhile then finally dim down and go out just as your describing.

Last edited by Weezzer; 10-19-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Also, check your dimmer switch, make sure it didn't get bumped and set all the way up, it clicks and turns the interior lights on. I did that only bumped it the other direction so the dash was dead and I thought I blew a fuse or something. I felt like an idiot after that lol.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

well sure as **** it was the dimmer switch. must have bumped it getting the console out. now i feel like a dumbass. thanks for the help
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem man, like I said I did that in my old car only the other way and drove home in the dark with a flashlight to see my gauges

The simplest fixes are the best ones