General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LT1 stutters after warmup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 stutters after warmup?

My 1994 camaro has developed a rather bizare condition where it starts up cold and runs fine, then after warming up a few minutes when the idle should settle to around 750RPM according to my tune, it starts to sputter and miss, I can feel in the floorboards something in the exhaust that seems like occasional small explosion (shorty headers, nothing touches) and while it never shuts off, it really seems like it is going to complete with volt meter dropping, headlights flickering etc... I've gone over the large + and neg wires from the bat, alt, starter etc, and replaced them all with new larger gauge stuff, the alt and bat both check out OK and I have relatively newer wires, plugs and Opti, I just got done changing the coil to a new OEM 96 style unit and this did nothing to the problem at all, no codes stored, no CES light not sure what else to check at the moment, definately seems electrical just can't figure what else to check?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your coolant temperature sensor reading correctly? Could also be an O2 sensor problem because its only when its warm. Since their are no codes I would put a volt meter / ohm meter (depending on the specific test) on those and check if they are within specs.