General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bump bump bump.... ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bump bump bump.... ???

Ok cars been doing this for quite some time now and I really cant track it down.. 02 with 90k...

during idle the car will idel fine rmps dont move at all then out of no where bump bump bump back to idleing.... during acceleration get nothing.. as in it accelerates fine little sluggish then normal but fine..

things i have done took maf off cleaned it with sensor cleaner... changed fuel filter.. tranny mount... I seafomed it like 5 months ago... ran injector cleaner through.... ok well all that and knocking bump noise still thier.. so.. im like f this im going to change the wires done that.. noise continues.. i changed the plugs a little before i did the seafom but i had a buddy help me with the the last plug.. his arms are skinnier and hes done it multiple times on his TA..

So I finally said f it and bought some more tr55's... wow i forgot what a bit** it is to cahnge the plugs.. anyways, i get to the last one and OMFG I pulled the last plug out with my faingertips the plug was barley in their guys.. I was livid... So put it back together and yea their tight this time..

anwyas noise is still persisting.. only at idel and no rpm fluctuation.. guy at work says it might be timming related any help will be greatfull if anyone has any ideas on what this could be..

oh and i checked the engine mounts no noies or wobbles under a load.. so those are good....
Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Old 11-30-2008, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

anyone??