General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Another misfire thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another misfire thread

So today was the first day I drove my car in cold rainy weather, and when I was leaving to work the car started shaking and sputtering and It felt like it had no power it was backfiring alot 2......I was getting the flashing SES light so I made it to a friends house and checked out the code and got 0300 random cylinder misfire....I checked all plugs and wires and they were all fine.

Then I checked the drivers side front 02 sensor and when I unplugged it...water came out. I cleaned it and let it dry and turned the car back on and it was doing the same thing. Now if the sensor was bad wouldnt I get a different code that had to do with the 02 sensor? Im going to swap out the sensor tommorow to see if it helps.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
So today was the first day I drove my car in cold rainy weather, and when I was leaving to work the car started shaking and sputtering and It felt like it had no power it was backfiring alot 2......I was getting the flashing SES light so I made it to a friends house and checked out the code and got 0300 random cylinder misfire....I checked all plugs and wires and they were all fine.

Then I checked the drivers side front 02 sensor and when I unplugged it...water came out. I cleaned it and let it dry and turned the car back on and it was doing the same thing. Now if the sensor was bad wouldnt I get a different code that had to do with the 02 sensor? Im going to swap out the sensor tommorow to see if it helps.
PCM's are different, some show codes and some don't, for the same problems on different cars. My SES doesn't flash when I have IAC, MAF, TPS or O2 sensor problems.....no idea why. Car will just run like ***. Only way to know something is wrong or to find out what is wrong with my engine is with an OBDII scan, no other scanner will show anything. My SES only works for certain things.

Sounds like you need new 02 sensors, maybe wires too.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cleaned the o2 sensor that got wet tried the car and still the same so the next morning when I unplugged the sensor more water leaked out from it.......so Im guessing thats the problem, just need to get all the water dried