General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Running like chit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running like chit...

Hai Guise,

Ok, drove the car around yesterday. Ran great no problems. Came home, sat for like 20min went back started it up going to leave was wanting to stall.

Was driving and such, but had hiccups. Figured, maybe I am low on fuel (gauge is off)

So I fill it up with 6gal of 93. Ran decent, got on it a lil and went, but then wanted to die.

Have to feather the throttle to keep it going. So let it sit for 5hrs. Try to drive it, it starts and idles,but is idling really low. (5-600rpm)

So at all, anytime I try to hit the throttle it wants to die. I can feather it and it will raise RPM's a bit and jump up and down, but not in sync with my throttle movement.

I though it was the TPS. Replaced it, but same thing. I press the schreider valve in on the rail and have no fuel squirt, but when its idling I get fuel, then as soon as it shuts off, I hit the valve again, and no fuel. Is that normal? I am trying to get a hold of a gauge so i can check my pressure for drops and such.

I checked the plugs, they look pretty normal. Granted I am running on no tune stock tune to the max. (Injectors are not installed yet)

Also, now it seems like my RPM gauge isn't working. Just happened. Could the PCM have gone bad all of a sudden?

I unplugged the MAF and it ran like a top for like 45 sec, I could hit the throttle,etc and ran fine. So shuit it off and tried it again. Nothing.

I am getting frustrated.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Injector stuck open? Any fuel leaks?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 304 Likes on 230 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sounds like it's running really rich like it's got a Vacuum leak..
Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Throw a vacuum gauge on it see what she tells you. If you don't have a vacuum gauge get one, extremely useful.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

No codes?