General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window and door panel problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window and door panel problem

Ever since i got my camaro the window was never going up all the way ( common GM problem) but it got on my nerves and im getting my car tinted in 3 days so thought i would perfect it. So after an hour of loosening and tightining I got it. Even with the door closed and me in the car , the window seal was air tight. Then came time to put the door panel on, ok no biggie, all done, let me roll up the window and thats when the window just got a mind of its own and now is off wack and is getting stuck half way up ( when started from all the way at the bottom). i tried adjusting the 2 brushes ( the top 2 bolts on the door frame under the panel) and it didnt do a damn thing. anyone know what i need to do, its funny that you adjust it for no reason, becuase as soon as you put the goddamn panel on and you cant access the bolts and all specs are back to being off. Help?
Old 12-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Your window motor is probably bad. The adjustments you made may have caused just enough additional resistance to exhibit the problem with the motor.