General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuse keeps blowing. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse keeps blowing. Help please.

I did a search and could not find anything relating to exactly what might be happening in my situation.

01 SS A4

I turned on my lights two mornings ago (it was a cold morning, colder than normal for NM) and I heard a fuse pop. The only lights working after that were my headlights. I checked my fuses and found the Courtesy Fuse was blown. I replaced it and it just pops everytime i turn my lights on. The interior and dash lights do not work either. The lights on the rearview mirror do work though.

I know that it must be a bad wire somewhere or a bad connection. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction of where to start looking. Any wires in specific. Maybe someone has gone throught this and can save me a little time and energy. Would it be wise for me to just have a mechanic take a look? What kind of pricetag would I be looking at for a mechanic to fix it? Thank you.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you installed anything or done any modding lately?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who is this "Fuse" you speak of, and how can I get in touch with her? I'd be glad to help her out
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Banned

Look at the wiring that goes to everything that stopped working when the fuse blew.