General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start

so yesterday i was test driving the car after it wouldn't start all day... so i'm driving it and it's normal still had the hesitation it had been having... all of a sudden it started showing the ses light and had a missing feeling to it... then it just shut off... i was able to start it back up while still going 60+ and then it shut down again... pulled it to the side of the road wasn't marking gas... nor was it marking the temperature and it was warm... so i sat there and did a pcm restart and it still wouldn't do **** or mark anything luckily i had a scanner too bad it wasn't letting me connect to the pcm... wtf so i had to get it towed home and park it... this morning i was gonna push it into the garage and i went to see if it started it did and i parked it inside and checked all the fuses and grounds all seemed normal i went to take it back out and same **** wasn't marking anything i noticed today too that the service vehicle light comes on for the dash test then goes off then comes back on... still can't connect the scanner??? wtf soo in recap i checked all the fuses they all have power... fuel pump comes on but then shuts off (i'm pretty sure it works since it comes on and it came on earlier) but now its powering up and shutting down... and i can't connect to the scanner wtf i unplugged the pcm and nothing looks wet or corroded any help would be great and advice would be awesome all grounds seem in place and not moving also
Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of scanner/code reader? Some need power from the car DLC port - you sure the CIG/ACCY fuse inside the car is good?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Launching!

yeah checked and double checked i've been reading about that in here and am going go go triple check... also i'm going to use another scanner that's self powered just waiting for it to arrive i will post up is there a reason the fuel pump primes and then shuts down???
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

well went out there no power to the cigarette lighter or dlc... but there is power to the extra accy socket and when i take out the fuse that i just put in brand new that other power socket went out so the accy should be working came up with a code from the self powered scanner it was p 0650 and when i hook it up this happens to my car while it is running

that's all the gauges except for oil pressure out even the tach and speed shuts down with the scanner hooked up wtf it's starting to look like there might be a ground somewhere luckily i was able to start the car and even drove it for 8-10 miles with it operating correctly... kind of nothing really out of the ordinary... the ses light does not come on and i confirmed this by unplugging the tps sensor and it didn't come on but when i scanned it it did throw a code i'm out of ideas here guys and can't seem to find a solution any advice would be great
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what all gauges of yours stopped working? trying to figure my problem and mine seems very similar
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nemss1
what all gauges of yours stopped working? trying to figure my problem and mine seems very similar
gas/temp/voltage/tach/speedometer/data link connector has no power

as for everything else the air bag light comes on, as does: check gauges/abs inop/service vehicle/

and my SES light does not come on when codes are thrown... i threw a p0650 code for MIL malfunction or something like that which would explain why it's not working but if you scan it with a self powered scanner it will give you the readouts... idle is high/and it's been a problem for a while that started off as a hesitation