General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

headlight bumpstops?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight bumpstops?

Does anyone know where to buy the little white rubber bumpstops that are mounted by the headlight motor. One of mine fell off and the other one a chunk came off so now my headlight wont stay up. I went to a pontiac dealer and they said gm doesnt make them anymore or sell them. I was gonna try a junkyard but i dont want old ones cause those would suck just as bad as mine. Anyones help would be great.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkbird2kta
Does anyone know where to buy the little white rubber bumpstops that are mounted by the headlight motor. One of mine fell off and the other one a chunk came off so now my headlight wont stay up. I went to a pontiac dealer and they said gm doesnt make them anymore or sell them. I was gonna try a junkyard but i dont want old ones cause those would suck just as bad as mine. Anyones help would be great.
Go to a Chevy dealer or another Pontiac place, once they find the p/n it should be no problem.
Don't give up yet...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need them. Stop by your local auto parts store and pick up a short length of small diameter (don't remember the size) heater hose. Cut off a small length and fit it around the metal tab that held the old plastic bumpstop. Works good as new!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just get some electrical tape and put enough wraps/turns of tape on the missing or damaged one. Works likes a champ, I've told other members here about and they can confirm it works.

Quick Reply: headlight bumpstops?