General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

what happens when these fail

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It won't matter a whole lot on the tune. It'll be a little off but I would do that first if it is free to you. If it clears up something is up with your MAF. And yes the MAF takes care of everything open loop for the most part. Cold starts and WOT are run with the MAF in closed loop (warm engine, non-aggressive driving) your other sensors take over O2's and MAP.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
It won't matter a whole lot on the tune. It'll be a little off but I would do that first if it is free to you. If it clears up something is up with your MAF. And yes the MAF takes care of everything open loop for the most part. Cold starts and WOT are run with the MAF in closed loop (warm engine, non-aggressive driving) your other sensors take over O2's and MAP.
Is that 2-3 minutes when its hunting enough time to warm up enough to go into closed loop?

Also, remember, my car can be turned off after being on for 2 hours, then shut it off, and immediately start it back up while its still hot and it will hunt again.....so is being at operating temp and going into closed loop really an issue here? It does it hot or cold.