General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fueling problem yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fueling problem yesterday

I was at the pump, just started to pull the handle back on the fuel pump and gas shot back out at me. Tried it again and same thing. My gas tank was close to empty mind you. When I pulled the nozzle out there was gas sitting where you put the cap back in. Called a friend and he said the fuel sender was out and my tank was probably full and that the angle of the nozzle could cause that as well. Tried a different pump and same thing. Spent a whole .50 cents on gas, hahaha. Back to the problem though, is there something that would cause the gas to not go into the tank? Needles to say we are both stumped on the problem.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drive the car and keep up with your mileage. Probly is a bad fuel sending unit. Mine has been acting up for a while. Im trying to figure what fuel pump i want to install bc when i pull the tank im doing both!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, wait a minute. Only you can know if the tank is really FULL or not. How long has it been since you last put gas in, and how much driving have you done since then?

I mean, just 50 miles of driving after you top off a tank would use at least 2 gallons. Unless you filled the tank like 2 miles ago, had a brain fart, and went to fill it again, that sucker ain't full.

There's no damn way the tank is full.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been two weeks and 270 miles later till I put gas in it so it was pretty low. I have used that station before so dont know what the deal is now. Took it in to have it looked at and will give yall an update as to what they find.