General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Found my ac leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my ac leak

Ok, so I got the dye in the car and found exactly where my leak is coming from. And before i started pulling lines apart and everything else i figured i would get some advice here first.

Ok so in this picture its leaking out of the hose below the fitting by the radiator where the two pieces connect and have like a connector or flange. Its seaping out there.I would circle the part im talking about on the picture but im using my dads mac and have no clue how to do any of that on here. Any help as far as what should be replaced will be wonderful.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

I can't pictue the piece you're talking about, but:

Don't start taking things apart with refigerant in the system!!! Liquid refrigerant will cause VERY NASTY frost bite...you can lose significant amounts of skin from this. VERY BAD if it gets in you eyes. With the system at rest, you'll have about 100 psi in there. If you've never done something like this before, now isn't the time to learn how without someone there with you that knows and understands the hazards.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

everything has been drained...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Phase-2
everything has been drained...
Cool. AFAIK, all the joints will be sealed with O rings, so it's just a matter of popping the old one out and the new one in as long as there isn't some kind of damage to either half of the joint.