General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Problem, still.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Problem, still.

Alright heres a more descriptive explaination of my car problem. I own a 99 Procharged Trans Am. About two days before my car started screwing up it was having a problem starting which is very unfamiliar to me because ive always ran a red top optima so the car starts instantly when you turn the key, but a couple of weeks ago it just turns over and over it wont ignite. Then once it finally starts it will jump up to about 2500 then drop down to 0 and kill itself. It will keep doing this unless I pump the gas pedal and whenever I pump the pedal towards the floor it starts to die but whenever I release the pedal it picks up the idle again. Then if I unplug the MAF sensor it will idle fine, but when I put the car under a load and try to drive it it will drop rpms to about 500 and if it doesnt die it will just run crappy. Also I am not getting any engine codes. Already replaced MAF sensor, dry rotted vac line from procharger to engine block, coolant temp sensor. My fuel pump was changed to a Walbro GS 340 about 2 months ago at the most. My fuel filter was changed around May of this year. My IAC sensor has two screw holes located on the driver side of the throttle body (80MM) and both are stripped from previous owner. If anyone has any questions pertaining my vehicle please let me know and ill reply as fast as I can. Any and all help is very appreciated. Thank you all in advance.