General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

radiator removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator removal

Hi guys i have a 97 transam lti i have to replacea leaking radiator is it best to remove the radiator and fans from the top or bottom?also what size is the heater hose coming from the water pump it has a compressed metal fitting around it i need to replace it because it is leaking from around the metal,i looked at shoebox drawing and they say it has a flow control vavle (restrictor) inside the metal fitting,if i just put regular heater hose on it will it still work?

Thanks

Troy
Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for the hose, I am not sure, to be honest, if you need to replace, do it w/ factory. I also have used that fitting to bleed the system. Removing the fans is best from bottom, then take all the hoses off as well as cooler lines (if you have them), Seperating it from the A/C will be the hardest part.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how similar the lt1 is to the ls1 one but I pulled my radiator from the top however installing the new one was way easier from the bottom.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did everything from the top. Took me 1.5hrs total burping coolant and testdrive was under 2. two trans cooler lines two hoses, one sensor, and two connectors on the fans. I beleive the heater lines are 5/8 but not 100% on that. My heater lines do not have a heater control valve...

Quick Reply: radiator removal