General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Another no starting question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another no starting question

Ok still having a NO start problem ever so OFTEN!! VATS have been tuned out. replaced the starter relay. So whats the next step? Can it still be the key cylinder even with the vats disabled? Second is it the actual switch lower on the column? Or the starter solenoid?? About ready to pull my hair out. Kinda crappy when you go to the track and run halfway decent and then your car will not crank for another run. LS1 guy please help
Old 11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

can you give some more info on the problem like what does it do when it does it could just be the start like a bad spot on the starter. Or also could be a bad connection.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it does nothing, gauges reset them selfs, no noises or clicking, and can try it a few times and sometimes it will crank right up and other it takes a few minutes
Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

man i would LOVE to know the answer to this question myself. Ive noticed my 2 camaro's, both ls1's that had a 6speed it would do this same thing. Sometimes ill get in, and turn the key , and absolutly NOTHING!

now ive had 2 transams, both of them being automatic, and not once did it do this. So its definatly somethin with 6speed cars.

what in the hell could it be? its as if your trying to start the car w/o the clutch pushed in, nothing happens, just the lights and gauges reset until you let off the key.

sometimes ill put the emergency brake down and the lights will come on, and magically it fires right up! or ill take the key out and put it back in, unlock the steering wheel throw it out of gear and it will start up.

Im sure its all coincidental, but seriously, what the hell?!?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

oh wow kevin i just noticed you have an automatic, thats a first for me. my 98 t/a and 95 t/a were both automatics and they never did this.. only my 6speed cars have
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah mines a auto