General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

been having a problem with my bcm

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been having a problem with my bcm

My question is if I replace it with the properly coded BCM will I have to still reprogram it. If its the same restitance on the vats do I have to worry about it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories
thats the bcm that i'm going to buy but I have to get under the dash and look at it to see if it's a bas module
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All 98-02 BCM's are interchangeable regardless of VATS. However there are two different models of BCM's, one for cars with keyless entry and one without. If your car has keyless entry you need part number 9353691. I don't think the one in the link is for keyless entry since the part number is not the same. You will not need to program the BCM when you put the new one in, you will however need to program your key fobs to the new BCM by taking your radio fuse out and cycling your key from the off to on positions three times, leaving your key in the on position on the third time. Your locks should cycle and once they do you hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob you want to program until the locks cycle, if you have another fob do it right after your done with the first one. After your done with all of your fobs turn the key to the off position and put the radio fuse back in. The radio fuse is in the dash by the driver side door.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey thanks I appreciate it yeah my car has keyless.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh and I called schumacher automotive and they do match up