General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

what else to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else to look for?

I have a 02 WS6. Was driving by my house when a guy pulled out in front of me. I swerved to get out of his way and hit a curb pretty hard. It was hard enough to break my rim. Luckily I was right by my house and the wheel was losing air slowly. I made it to my house before the wheel was completely flat. It seemed to drive fine. No noises and wasn't pulling to any side. My question is what else could I have hurt? There is no body damage though which I'm estatic about!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not much, you may have bent something but if it drives straight your in good shape. also check that the steering wheel is center. if anything check your tie rods by lifting the car, the placeing your hands at 3 and 9 oclock push and pull the wheel left and right without actually turning the wheel. and see if you feel any movement, if you do have a buddy look at the inner and outter tie rods to see which one is moving. outter tie rods are the most common. and if your really worry about it, get a 75 dollar alignment, In which they will check air in tires, check your ball joints and tie- rods anyway. front end must be good and tight to do a proper alignment. other than that I think your good.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:49 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

After you're done checking out your car, beat the snot out of the guy who cut you off. Then you'll be done...