General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Idler pully EXPLOSION

Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idler pully EXPLOSION

OK here's the deal. Had to take back my ex's car i got got her she couldnt make payments anymore 00 z28 auto. So im doin reg maintenance for now since it sat for 6 months w/o driving. yada yada yada. OK so im driving hear a squeal and lost amps .. threw a belt looked at it and i completley smoked a idler pully. It showed no signs of going no squeks etc. It pushed the bearing out and everythin but the spacers which hold it in place on the bracket are done the back spacer completely fits over the dowel that the pully rides on. And the dowel got a little chew on it but i got it flatened out. Where can i get the washers, spacers at ? And the new pully from orielys is differernt in i/d is smaller than the oem so the outsider spacer/washer looks like it wont work any suggestions guys?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If everything fits in place, and the belt still tensions properly, the diameter of the new pulley won't matter. It'll just spin a little faster.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

the only place I have have found to get those washer lookin things in front and behind the pulley is a new pulley from the dealer, you get a new bolt too

Search this Thread