General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Good Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this was an interesting thread..
you two need to get a room.. or a ring and duke it out
somin so that everyone doesn't need to read thru your drama and this keeps happening

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Heres whats in my car, I love them

http://www.hunsakersports.com/html/synkro_cloth.html
those look like they'd be good for long distances whats the longest you've spent in them? usually after 4hrs my *** goes numb and my back starts to tighten right up, drove for 24hrs straight once and I was hobbling around like a cripple afterwards
Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak

this was an interesting thread..
you two need to get a room.. or a ring and duke it out
somin so that everyone doesn't need to read thru your drama and this keeps happening

those look like they'd be good for long distances whats the longest you've spent in them? usually after 4hrs my *** goes numb and my back starts to tighten right up, drove for 24hrs straight once and I was hobbling around like a cripple afterwards
2-3 hrs cruising, I am a large guy and they are pretty damn comfy.

And that "package" deal MD posted is EXACTLY what you need, I wish they had that when I did mine. Would have been nice.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

2-3 hrs cruising, I am a large guy and they are pretty damn comfy.

And that "package" deal MD posted is EXACTLY what you need, I wish they had that when I did mine. Would have been nice.
cool, I've always liked corbeus(sp?) but their buckets look to deep for long distances. and I didn't even notice the link MD posted, looks like a good deal, but I don't want procars
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdacton
whats age got to do with anything?

Im more of a badass then you will ever be mervin. laighuin at what? you must be the one with the mirror.

There again I posted more seats

you just an attention *****..... want everyone to know your seat broke b/c of your massive power yet you add the statement(was not broken by a fat bitch plopping down in the seat) what a nerd
you need to learn some respect, youre not a bad *** and you never will be. when you come over here and deal with a fraction of what we deal with on a daily basis then you can say something about it. until then just keep your mouth shut because you have no idea. and no i dont have the same job as merv but im at the same base.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

You talking about how they come with the lower Brackets? How much did you pay for the ones you found?

The ones on Summit are the same part number that are on the Hunsaker site in their list..I wonder if they will work with the Hunsaker Seats..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-811068/?rtype=10
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-811069/?rtype=10

For about $160 there is the Brackets new.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by the_merv
You talking about how they come with the lower Brackets? How much did you pay for the ones you found?

The ones on Summit are the same part number that are on the Hunsaker site in their list..I wonder if they will work with the Hunsaker Seats..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-811068/?rtype=10
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-811069/?rtype=10

For about $160 there is the Brackets new.
Mine dont look like that, mine have flatbar all the way around. And you need that to mount mine with way I mounted them. You will need to mock it up. But the Hunsaker seat rails lined up with the flatbar on mine. Make sense?

I paid $100 for mine off e bay, they were second hand but new. They will come with sliders that you wont use, The Corbeau sliders only lock one side, the Hunsaker both sides, here is a pic.

http://www.lmperformance.com/image.a...6-d1069-t&m=34

I guess they are back to selling them seperately, I think LM performance is a sponsor

http://www.lmperformance.com/828/17.html

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 02-07-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

Ya what you say makes sense.

What do the Hunsaker Sliders look like?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Too bad a mod can't just delete the bitchfest. Welcome back to the topic!

It seems it's always the mount that makes this a pain in the ***.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

It can be deleted..

But ya I'll have to wait till I get an e-mail back from Hunsaker and see what's up..those Seats that Fatboy posted up are pretty bad ***..
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
cool, I've always liked corbeus(sp?) but their buckets look to deep for long distances. and I didn't even notice the link MD posted, looks like a good deal, but I don't want procars
Yeah as I stated I drove to PA from FL and then made a return trip a few weeks later. I take a pillow with me that I stuff down in the seat about half way through the trip. Also there really is a company out there that makes seat inserts, I just have no idea who it is, but I have seen them. I'm thinking of going to my local upholstery shop and seeing what they could come up with.

You know what really pisses me off about bitching in car forums? You all have cars, line them up! What is that? Distance is a factor? No both parties go to the track, get video. Issue solved. Its like a fist fight with no broken noses! I love seeing it especially in the regional forums, people really have no excuse to not line them up then.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Yeah as I stated I drove to PA from FL and then made a return trip a few weeks later. I take a pillow with me that I stuff down in the seat about half way through the trip. Also there really is a company out there that makes seat inserts, I just have no idea who it is, but I have seen them. I'm thinking of going to my local upholstery shop and seeing what they could come up with.

You know what really pisses me off about bitching in car forums? You all have cars, line them up! What is that? Distance is a factor? No both parties go to the track, get video. Issue solved. Its like a fist fight with no broken noses! I love seeing it especially in the regional forums, people really have no excuse to not line them up then.

I have a buddy that road races, I was at the track and saw where a guy drove with his wife in the same car and had seats like yours. He had a foam pad made that fit in that hole, made the seat bottom level for when his wife drove it. Material was matched also, she dropped it in the hole and hopped in the car.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Before spending the money on new seats, pull the stock ones out and check over everything. Something might be just loose and tightening things up will be far less expensive than buying new seats. Why replace what isnt actually broken. Another thing if you really look into new seats, like anything else, you get what you pay for. You buy cheap ones and you could find the stitching come apart quickly or even worse, the frame of the seat actually break if you have an accident. Ive seen this happen numerous times with guys who drift and have a higher speed accident. I wouldnt go cheap with something that is meant to hold you into the car.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Trust me..the seats are bolted in..I don't skimp on that..lol

I can take it and rock the upper half of it..and it's locked into the position on the side. It's been like that since I have had the car..I never really paid attention to it till recently.

Something inside is definately broken.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think that is how they come from the factory! Mine's done it since 60k when I got it 6 years ago.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneBadTA
Another thing if you really look into new seats, like anything else, you get what you pay for. You buy cheap ones and you could find the stitching come apart quickly or even worse, the frame of the seat actually break if you have an accident.
QFT. Expecting a race seat to perform well in a DD is a little unrealistic and probably uncomfortable. The Scat/Procar and Hunsaker models look pretty nice, but with comfort comes weight. I've personally only seen the Scats at the local speed shop and they looked like quality pieces for the cost.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

From what fatboy is sayin that Hunsaker is pretty comfortable..according to their site they weigh 25lbs..so it's not exactly a milk crate with a back to it..lol
Old 02-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

fastfatboy...are you saying there comfy for a racing seat or more comfortable than factory seats?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
From what fatboy is sayin that Hunsaker is pretty comfortable..according to their site they weigh 25lbs..so it's not exactly a milk crate with a back to it..lol
True, but both make different versions of their seats...my point was that the lighter you go, the less likely they are to be comfortable for DD use.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

would you be able to make custom adapter like 6litereater did for his seats on the hunsakers?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ory-rails.html

uses the stock brackets and keeps basically the same height cuz i work in a machine shop during breaks and the summer and i could easily make the adapter
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

I wish I could see pics..