General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

So I got my SES light code read at Autozone. What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy So I got my SES light code read at Autozone. What is it?

So last night I had posted about my SES light coming on and my car misfiring. Any ways the code was P0131. This is what the printout reads:
Troubleshooting P0131
OEM Brand: Domestic
Defintion
Heated Oxygen sensor-bank 1 sensor 1 (HO2S11) low voltage
Explantion: The powertrain control module uses the oxygen sensor tocalculate the Air/Fuel ratio in the exhaust. The computer is recieving a low voltage indicating the system has a high content of oxygen.
Probable causes:
1.oxgen sensor defective 2.Fuel system runnign lean check other codes 3.Engine vacuum leak or misfire repair 4. Low fuel pressure fuel pump defective.
Anyways I have been getting this code for a while now. I have all bolton 98' M6 Z28 LT's I just replaced the O2 sensors a couple of miles ago for this same code and it seams that I really only get this code when I get on it for about a 1/8 mile or hold it in third and give gas not all the time it does it, but when it does it runs like a POS. Right now I just got on it again and was missing bad then a little after it turned off and is running fine. HELP?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are the wires touching anywhere and grounding out? I would also see if you can run new wires to that sensor from the pcm. Sounds like some sort of short.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the same problem. so i got to looking and on the connecter where the o2 plugs into, the power wire was coming out. so i had to push it in. i also put rtv to hold it, then wraped everything in elec tape