General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start!! help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start!! help please!!

2002 Z28 M6, sometimes it wont start after being warm, kinda like if the battery is dead but after a few tries it starts right up. Now it wont start at all. Could it be the clutch switch or something like that? I dont think its the starter because i had a mustang before that did the same thing and i replaced the starter and it still did it so i doubt its the starter. any suggestions on what it could be? its my DD so i really need it running. please help.thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

we need some more info, does the power come on and the engine just won't turn? is the security light lit up? can you hear the starter turn?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Teching In

yes power comes on,starter does not turn,security light is not lit up.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

First take off both cables on the battery, inspect the cables for corrosion or arc pitting and scuff up the contacts with a wire brush. Reconnect them tight and try it again. Your lights are coming on but its possible (happened to me) that not enough current can flow through loose or dirty battery contacts to engage the starter.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by raljr9
2002 Z28 M6, sometimes it wont start after being warm, kinda like if the battery is dead but after a few tries it starts right up. Now it wont start at all. Could it be the clutch switch or something like that? I dont think its the starter because i had a mustang before that did the same thing and i replaced the starter and it still did it so i doubt its the starter. any suggestions on what it could be? its my DD so i really need it running. please help.thanks.
Check your Crank Sensor. A wire might have been burned or the sensor might not be good anymore and it will cause this problem. Check them man. Trust me!!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Teching In

How do I check the crank sensor?