General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Radiator Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Radiator Help

Okay so I did my radiator install yesterday. Went off without a hitch except there is one extra connection for a hose...a hose I do not have. What would be a good thing to seal off this extra connection? Thanks for your help!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A short piece of the right sized hose, a bolt the same size as the hose I.D. and 2 hose clamps.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

This is what it looks like...which is the problem I think with getting a hose.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks like the port for the low coolant level sensor... you could try to find a used sensor off of here or a new one but they are kinda pricey, somewhere in the $40-$50 range, or you could use some epoxy to seal the hole off... i'm guessing your car doesn't have the sensor so it would probably be a waste to buy a new one... personally i would find a used one that is bad that way it would be cheap... and don't forget to get the little clip that holds it in place
Old 03-07-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by neutron82
that looks like the port for the low coolant level sensor... you could try to find a used sensor off of here or a new one but they are kinda pricey, somewhere in the $40-$50 range, or you could use some epoxy to seal the hole off... i'm guessing your car doesn't have the sensor so it would probably be a waste to buy a new one... personally i would find a used one that is bad that way it would be cheap... and don't forget to get the little clip that holds it in place
Thanks a lot. I'll post up in the wtb section. For now it is jerry rigged with a plug i got at a parts store and a metal clamp to hold it in.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats the tranny cooler port. Justr leave it uncapped if you are not using the tranny cooler thats inside of the radiator.

But if its leaking from behind that washer/nut you're gonna have to take the radiator to a repair shop and have them remove that plastic tank, then put a plug in that port. Have them also put a plug in the lower tranny port. Also, remove the tranny cooler from the tank.

That cost me like $50.00 at a shop here last year.