General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

no brake lights?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no brake lights?

okay i have sone some searches and got some info to play around with...but wanted to see if i could get some more suggestions...

hazards work, signals work, parking lights work, 3rd brake light works, just no brake lights? fuses are all good, bulbs are all good...

looked under the dash yesterday, found TWO plunger style switches on the brake pedal, one on top just had a single plug in the back of it with 2 wires...

the bottom on has two plug ins in it...went to autozone and had them look them up, the bottom one is the brake light switch, they couldnt even find the top one on the computer or in one of those of the shelf help bools? any info on that?

is it possible that the switch is out even though the 3rd brake light is working? like one plug in for it and one for the brake lights??? any way to test it? also i have read that the brake light part ties into the signal switch?

okay, any help would be great, thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try the brake light switch but it's weird that the third brake light works. That other switch above the brake peddal is to deactivate the cruise control
Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Are you sure one of them isn't for the clutch pedal? If I recall correctly, there is one for the brake and one for the clutch.

Your brake switch is probably working since the 3rd light comes on. Do your marker lights come on when you flip on the headlights? If not, you probably have lost your ground to the back lights.

Search this Thread