General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!!!! Misfire!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok yea i been thinking about this and i was confused as hell lol...i had never heard of this on ls1's...
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovin myls1
Optis's were on LT1's NOT LS1's so with a 2000 you don't have one. Also PO300 can also be caused by vacuum leak.Here is a very informitive link about ruff running,check it out:

http://www.aa1car.com/random-misfire/
Thanks that was very helpful. I think it has to do with the EGR removal. I removed EGR in december when i installed my pacesetter non egr headers. Did i do something wrong? I pulled the fuse on the air pump also since i also removed air. Im wondering if i forgot to block off sumthing. Because the only code im getting is EGR(Exhaust Gas Recirculation) sensor failing. Im going to take the car for a tune shortly.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read many posts where members have deleted EGR without any adverse effects so it should work.But when a post start with "running rough and PO300" the next five posts ALWAYS start with wires and plugs yet it could be and is more likely to be (according to that link) a vacuum leak.And I've read many,many posts about the small vacuum lines running around the intake manifold breaking.
If your sure you don't have a leak and the plugs and wires are old then I'd change them ( or get a tune up) next.So hope that fixes it for you- let us know how that goes.Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! Misfire!! HELP!!!