General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

smoke on high rev ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoke on high rev ?

alright i got longtubes no cats with dumps and if i put my car in neutral and rev it to 6 grand and drive away theres like a cloud of whitish clear smoke ? everyone says its normal its just the pcv system on these cars but its kinda annoying lol
Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is!

I have the same problem with my 00 ws6. But mine drinks a qt very 2000 miles
Old 09-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
alright i got longtubes no cats with dumps and if i put my car in neutral and rev it to 6 grand and drive away theres like a cloud of whitish clear smoke ? everyone says its normal its just the pcv system on these cars but its kinda annoying lol
Putting it in neutral and revving it anywhere past 4000 is not good for any engine.

Why don't you disconnect the PCV from the intake and from the top port on the throttle body.....it'll take 1 minute, and then cap off tboth vacuum ports....go rev it again and see if you get the white smoke. If you DO still get the smoke then you have a piston ring issue........no smoke and you need a new PCV valve.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula00ws6
I have the same problem with my 00 ws6. But mine drinks a qt very 2000 miles
If you haven't, make sure you have the upgraded PCV valve. Also, theres no reason to have a vacuum line on the LS6 valley cover......that port sucks way too much oil mist out of the crank case. LS6 valley cover is not a good part.......
All you need to do is suck vacuum from the passengers side valve cover.....and have a vent on the drivers side valve cover. That will keep crank case toxins out of your oil.

As soon as I removed my entire PCV system....I of course never burned a drop of oil. And never had moisture in my oil. Oil was always clean like new at my 3,000 mile oil changes.

PCV systems are complete crap designs and do nothing good for an engine. They allow oil to go through an engine that should only have fresh air entering it.......

Last edited by LS6427; 09-15-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Quick Reply: smoke on high rev ?