General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wiring Diagram Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring Diagram Help

I am trying to use a wiper motor from an S10 in my 67 Chevelle. I just dont understand the diagram. I see it needs a rotary switch with different resistors to control the speed but not sure about the PULSe switch... looks like three swtiches total. Can somone help me understand the diagram so I can build a switch?
Also, not sure if this has the PARK feature where the wiper arms park at the base of the windshield.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

help....
Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiring Diagrams 101

Originally Posted by MCMLXIX
I am trying to use a wiper motor from an S10 in my 67 Chevelle. I just dont understand the diagram.

I see it needs a rotary switch with different resistors to control the speed but not sure about the PULSE switch... [it] looks like three swtiches total.

Can somone help me understand the diagram so I can build a switch?

Also, not sure if this has the PARK feature where the wiper arms park at the base of the windshield.
OK Mr. 1969, do not attempt to 'build' a wiper switch; given the fact that this is an S10, just get the complete switch ***'y (with the correct 3 pin connector) from an auto parts store.

For this issue of the wipers 'Parking" (if they do or do not 'park'):

If the wiper arms did not 'pull down' (below the point at which they would stop and sweep up again when running / ON) when they were turned OFF (when installed on the S10), then they do not have this 'park' feature.

With respect to the actual wiper / washer switch, there is one input (B+ / Yellow) and two outputs (Brown where B+ = Washer Pump Motor ON, and anything less and B+ = a particular delay amount [voltage dependent]; and Purple / B+ = Wipers in HIGH only).

Wiper delay is controlled by the module internal to the wiper motor and the voltage seen on the BRN wire.

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram Help