General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 SS Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 SS Wont Start

Hey guys well I've been having a problem for quite a while but never this bad until today. when i go to start my car it wont start, no crank, no nothing, not even a click....Now what I would do to remedy this problem was to put my car in gear (1St) and press down the clutch, then usually it would start right up.(well i always stepped on the clutch but sometimes i wouldnt have it in gear) Now this could just be my imagination or was i doing this for no reason. lol.
Now another thing i would do after this stopped working is that i would rock my car back maybe like once or twice and it would start up.
My flywheel is brand new and so is my starter and battery.
Im thinking its the button behind the clutch, could that have something to do with my car not starting.
Now today for example i did all the above and my car wouldnt start for crap
Then out of no where the stupid car starts up, what the hack is going on here.
PLEASE HELP, Thanks guys
Old 05-01-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Putting it in gear has no effect on the car starting vs. in neutral. If you suspect the clutch start switch, then simply arc the 2 pins on the pigtail. If it starts up just fine, then the switch is bad.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup it was the clutch switch. I took it to GM and they said that i needed a new computer which was going to cost me a couple of hundred dollars. They almost convinced me. Well i changed the switch with cost me 5 dollars and cents from Kragen in Lodi ca. And well what do you know, the car started perfectly.
Thanks for the advice.