General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

t-top noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t-top noise?

i have a 2000 camaro and i get a like rattle noise or it sounds like the plastic is hitting the glass noise in the passenger side t-top. anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

You may need some lubricant on the t top gasket (silicone). The gasket may have shrunk due to it being dry.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:56 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,214 Posts

My '02 Z28 used to do that in very cold (winter) weather, but only until the interior warmed up a bit (using the heater). I never did anything about it since it wasn't an issue most of the time.

Having said that, I can't imagine it's very cold in PA right now, so your issue might be an actual problem. Have you ever checked to make sure that the brackets (car side) for each rod end of the t-tops are tight and adjusted properly? Over time, these brackets sometimes loosen and get pushed outward as the t-tops are removed and reinstalled. I think some folks have also complained about the key cylinder rattling within the t-top itself. I'm sure there might also be other sources of potential rattles which I've forgotten.