General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window not aligned?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window not aligned?

hey i dont know if this is a common problem but in my car the window does not go up straight (one side goes up faster then the other so its on a tilt) nor does it go up as it suppose to like it misses the hole kind of where it is suppose to be in when it is all the way up so it is sticking out. anything that you guys know of that i can do to fix this problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Yea. The bracket that attaches to the window glass is known to break off at the rear roller. This will cause the behavior you are talking about. You should take the door panel off and check it. You can see this roller and bracket through the large rear cut-out in the door.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 PM

okay now will i have to replace the bracket? or can it just be re-aligned.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wssix99
Yea. The bracket that attaches to the window glass is known to break off at the rear roller. This will cause the behavior you are talking about. You should take the door panel off and check it. You can see this roller and bracket through the large rear cut-out in the door.
Yup.. that is it. My driver side broke the riveted roller piece that attached onto the window bracket. instead of replacing it all I welded a stud where the rivet would have been and bolted it to the bracket. I may be able to get a couple pics later tonight. I have to take the door panel apart to replace the speaker that is blown.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:15 PM

I would love to see some photos of what you guys are talking about. I have the same problem on my drivers' side. Anyone have a part number for the part that needs to be replaced? I don't have to replace the entire regulator assembly do I?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by iamchevyman5
I would love to see some photos of what you guys are talking about. I have the same problem on my drivers' side. Anyone have a part number for the part that needs to be replaced? I don't have to replace the entire regulator assembly do I?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...w-related.html

Quick Reply: window not aligned?