General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird screeching left turn only

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Weird screeching left turn only

Get this screeching ,left turn only not right turn or going straight. It can happen when hitting the brakes but also when simply turning left or moving the wheel hard back and forth.

What I have done so far is visual inspection. Have shaken wheel bearing no play. I have turned wheel with car up and seems fine no noise. I have changed out brake pads , sprayed brake pads with quiet stop. Sprayed rotors with similar stuff. I have new KVR rotor ,c5 z06 brake swap.I don't think had this noise pre brake swap. I had hawk hps pads and they were very noisy so went to KVR pads.I have kvr rotors and pads on my 96z28 and they make no noise at all.

The problem seems to have gotten a bit better. It was very obvious at first but now its not quite as bad although still there today.I have tried to do some harder stops but not big difference.If it is something with the brakes would think it would make the noise when braking and not just when turning the wheel.

I am thinking possibly run out on the new rotor, or maybe think should change wheel bearing anyway but as said no play in it and wheel turns normally when jacked in the air. This problem seems to be coming from drivers front side. Not sure if anything else would make this noise.
Tie rod,ball joints, shocks, springs. I am going to be installing new strange shocks and springs shortly. See if that changes anything.