General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 buick regal air intake sensor code

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 buick regal air intake sensor code

hey all, ive just picked up a 98 buick regal GS 3800 with supercharger, i my problem is the engine light is on, the scanner says its air intake temp sensor, witch i changed, and the light is still on, i noticed that the wires to the sensor plug have been cut and taped up, by the last owner i suppose. can anyone think of any other reasons the code still trips the engine light? and am i getting bad mileage due to the light being on? thanks scott
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Teching In

any chance it could be the ecm? where does the ati sensor wire go from the sensor? should i maybe start opening up the harnes to look for bad wires? please help. this is the only thing i haven't been able to fix my self so far and its been a long list in the last 3 days.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I would go to the dealer or boneyard and pick up a new sensor pigtail. Probably about $5. Cut your sensor off and leave plenty of room to solder on your new pigtail. That will probably fix you up if it looks like the wiring to / on the sensor has been butchered. I've had to do that to a couple of my sensor pigtails on my '99 GTP. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Default just found this guy on ebay sells pig tails for sensors

i needed a maf and ati sensor pig tails, maf has wire through the ins, and the ati has dry wire, so i found this guy http://motors.shop.ebay.com/autowiri...1&_from=&_ipg= he seems to have it all....