General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

crack in lower dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 300 Likes on 166 Posts

Default crack in lower dash

Well in the past week both parts of my dash have cracked. earlier this week my dash pad got a huge crack in it, and just today i notice a spider like crack in my "lower" dash, above the center air vents. To most people these cracks wouldn't matter that much but they just really bother me.

So my question is there a way to fix the crack on the lower dash with out wrapping the entire dash? or would i have to replace it?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"So my question is there a way to fix the crack on the lower dash with out wrapping the entire dash? or would i have to replace it?"

If you want to fix the crack I think these are your two options unfortunately :/

Check the parts classifieds to find for a replacement. I've seen them going for around $200.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dashes seem to be a real pain to switch out. Maybe about 10 hours of work. You would probably also have to pay someone to switch it out that has experience in doing it. I tried to take one out and I gave up. Alot of hidden bolts. Theres a complete write up of dash removal here on ls1 tech.

Quick Reply: crack in lower dash