General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

acting funny after header install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acting funny after header install...

ok this is gonna be long but i'm going to be as detailed as possible. as stated, i just put in a set of LT with ory. car was hesitating at high rpm. tuner said my pcm was shutting off and to check my grounds. on the way home i burnt a couple wires on the harness that goes to the starter. fixed that. found loose ground on back of drivers side head, tightened that. thought i must have fixed the problem. tried to rev it up and it appeared to cut out at the same rpm (4.5k ish) then i noticed it didnt sound right. it sounded like it was reving higher. it was. hp tuners had me at 6k and hitting rev limiter. theorized that my tach wasnt responding fast enough and i was right. i took it for a drive and the loose ground being fixed, fixed my problem. i was able to rev it out all the way no problem, but in that drive my tach totally stopped working.
also, when i got back in the driveway i started to overheat. fan wasnt kickin on. hp tuners turned it on no problem so the relays and fan wiring is good. i guess my question now is, what other wires could i have damaged with the headers that would affect my tach, and my fans from turning on??

btw, rather than O2 extensions i used my rears but repinned the pcm so they act like fronts. i double checked the pcm harness and everything looks good up there...also during all this i deleted my air and egr.