General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

starter question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question starter question

hey everyone? how do you know when your starter is going out? when i turn the ignition key my car stutters i turn it off then i try it again, car turns on but didnt stutter. would that be the starter, or something else? oh and it does it once in a while, not all the time.(hope that makes sense). has anyone had this problem? can someone help me out here, im getting worried about that. thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Alright man....lets get this straight first.

You turn the key to "start" and the engine starts up and runs........but as its running its stuttering????? Then the starter is fine, it did its job in starting the engine.

Usually a starter will simply die, end of story. OR...it can lag *** and struggle to start the engine.

Sounds like you may have a bad battery or about 10 other different things that can make an engine stutter after its started and running.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh sorry must of not explaind it well. while the engine is running its fine no problem there. its only when im trying to turn on the engine it will stutter on me. would that be the stater or something else. please help........ anyone? thanks