General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

IAT Problem P0113

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation IAT Problem P0113

A few months ago, my SES came on. Got it read at AutoZone, and got a P0113 code, IAT high voltage reading. They said their scanner couldn't give any other information, or even clear it if I wanted them to. I changed the IAT, and thought all would be good... But the problem has continued. It seems to run rich, I can smell gas. Also bogs down when I give it significant throttle, and generaly just doesn't run good. Recently noticed a little bit of backfire, or some sort of pop or something coming from the back when it bogs bad.

The connection to the sensor seems fine, as far as I can tell. I know from some web / forum searching that the problem is likely improper connection or a bad ground. I looked around the engine bay to see if there was anything I can see wrong. I didn't notice anything peculiar to me. I'm no electrical wizard, so I'm not really sure where to look exacly to really solve this, obviously, as I've now had this problem for about... 3 months now.

Anyone had to check the wiring for this problem before? I don't want to go pay a dealership to look at it for several hours and fix it with a rediculously high price, or look at it and charge me without even fixing it, and no one I've talked to around here knows what to do.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had similar trouble and my code was reading IAT low voltage but my car would cut off sometimes. Turned out it was a bad ground on teh DS head that was burnt through, so all I can say is check and recheck your grounds

Quick Reply: IAT Problem P0113