General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

advice on sludge

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Rislone http://www.barsproducts.com/100QR.htm at every oil change, it sure quieted the lifters down. Its hard to see if it is cleaning anything but just the fact that the lifters got quiet says something.

And this for your older engines http://www.barsproducts.com/4401.htm
Old 11-09-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto-Rx

In case anyone does not know this, Auto-Rx was kicked off as a sponsor on BITOG back in January of 2009 and there business practices have come into question, you can Google a thread called PAID POSTERS FOR AUTO-RX.

Another thread that is interesting is called Auto-Rx & Aluminum Engines, and 3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer.

Amsoil Flush
SargeGTO Offline

Loc: Rio Grande Valley
Well my well loved Dodge R/T 383 Stroker daily driver turned 100,000 miles purring like a kitten. She has been AutoRX'd 3-4 times and a steady diet of top shelf synthetics with a maintenance dose of AutoRX for about the last two years or 50,000 miles ( roughly)....
I got my hands on 6 bottles of the "new" formula Amsoil Engine Flush and thought what the heck...it's the 100,000 mile change....so I drained the Shaeffers 10-30....put a couple of Super Tech filters on my dual remote oil filter mount....poured Castrol 10-30 GTX and a bottle of Amsoil engine flush.....I was surprised to say the least....after the instructions had been followed and the time at idle had passed....I popped the drain plug and I mean the stuff that came out of there was just black as tar....I didn't cut the filter open but they weighed a ton.....I now know that is one clean engine.,....My expectations was there was nothing to clean....man was I ever wrong.....good stuff for sure....for whatever its worth I'll continue my AutoRX regimen but I'll also flush that motor and all my motors once a year with the Amsoil engine flush.....sold me on that stuff .........

You can see that SargeGTO got better results with Amsoil Engine Flush than he did with auto-rx, if auto-rx really worked than the Amsoil Engine Flush should not have done anything.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy thread revival Batman!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, and while it is revived, I will add that Kreen seems to be the 'be all end all' of any of these non-tear down, 'cleanser in a can' type solutions, over AR-X, Rislone, Gunk, and yes, even Amsoil Flush.

MANY MANY people on bitog have had GREAT success with this stuff, and depending on dosage, you CAN drive the car with it in the sump.

The main drawback is that it is NOT just sitting on the shelf at your local Sino Mart, or Pep Boyzz, and has to be mail/internet ordered DIRECTLY from the company in Tennasty.
Also, sorry, those in the Republik Of Kalifornia cannot even have it mailed/UPSed/Fed Exed to them, due to that state's draconian regulations.

Last edited by dailydriver; 11-10-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Also, sorry, those in the Republik Of Kalifornia cannot even have it mailed/UPSed/Fed Exed to them, due to that state's draconian regulations.
LOL!!! this gives me good memories, memories of when i left this dreaded state and never looked back!

Quick Reply: advice on sludge