General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wierd stuff happening.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd stuff happening.

Hi all, 2 questions.....

what kind of things happen when the excitor wire is frayed or maybe broken a little or bad connection??

can the alternator going bad cause issues too?

I pull into my driveway and turn the car off like normal but sit for a couple min to listen to a song playing that I like, the song finishes and I unplug my iphone, get out of the car and tap the door lock button and I hear ding ding ding.....ok it does that with the key still in the ignition, the keys are in my hand???
I put the key back in turn it on and off and the same thing happens with the locks so I start the car and this noise that sounds like ball bearings in the exhaust is happening now.
I pop the hood and it sounds horriable so I say to myself, this cant be good.
I turn the car off then restart it and the noise is still there and now no insturments work except the oil pressure and charging system which is in the yellow zone, turn it back off and restart it now everythings working so I rev it once and every gauge drops out except the 2 mentioned above, oil and charging and still have the noise.

I shut the car off and now notice the security light on in the dash and the radio is on (lit up) so I turned the radio off and this is with no key in the ignition.

any Ideas would be appreciated as to what may be the problem(s).
Thanks in advance
Bill
Old 02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for no suggestions or Ideas, I fixed it.

Last edited by Rychen; 02-12-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: smiley