General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical problems

hi, i posted in stereo & electronics but wasnt sure where to post exactly, but...
im having an electrical problem with my trans am and was hoping you can help. My car basically dies (no power)
nothing works, when i loosen the battery cable and touch, i here everything reset and there is power again. but when i try to start the car it will either click and start up, or just click and die again... and i will have to take off the cable and put it back to reset again. if it starts... it will die again after a few hours. I noticed there are sparks i connect the last cable on the battery with and without the key being turned. what does that mean?
Hopefully any ideas or suggestions will help me out, i have been trying to troubleshoot this for battery drain ( i think their is drain) but the drain test didnt show anything, and i have a new battery (which i also have had to charge twice),.. im looking into the bcm fix.. but i just dont know what it could be. any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.. thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody?..... i have checked lots of threads... searched all over, does anyone have any kind of suggestions that will help me out.