General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car got Refed ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by O2Form
It does many many things, get a factory manual and read up on it if you really want to know. But it aint a vacuum leak.
Well, I know its not a vacuum leak, its an introduction of fresh outside air for a very short time after engine start.....and it doesn't go through the intake anyway, so it can't be considered a vacuum leak. Its introduced right into the exhaust manifold so the only sensor that senses that fresh air is the 02 sensors. Thats why its like tricking the 02 sensors (and/or emissions sniffer tools that get stuck into the tail pipes) to make it think its CLEANER exhaust gases.......

Thats what the air pump does........

Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredbaugh89
i know right ? i need to move out of CA

i am still waiting to hear back on this guy whos selling the headers , cats , and all the smog stuff , if he pulls through it would make this process alot easier for me

damnnnnn it , i dident even think about the lid ! lol ... ill have to find a friend with a camaro around here who i can swap lids with for the day hopefully..

after i get through with all this **** .... i think ill keep cats on my car , and use a smaller cam ... and run a muffler haha. i dont think i could stand having a stock camaro again.
Dude, I'll give you my home address, register it here in Florida and drive it there. Tell them you live here half the time. **** California.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 355 Likes on 324 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by jaredbaugh89
i know right ? i need to move out of CA

i am still waiting to hear back on this guy whos selling the headers , cats , and all the smog stuff , if he pulls through it would make this process alot easier for me

damnnnnn it , i dident even think about the lid ! lol ... ill have to find a friend with a camaro around here who i can swap lids with for the day hopefully..

after i get through with all this **** .... i think ill keep cats on my car , and use a smaller cam ... and run a muffler haha. i dont think i could stand having a stock camaro again.

No. All you need to do is buy a CA emissions stock version of what you have, sell your current car to a friend out of state. Then you have to move out of state and have the same friend steal your CA legal car. Then you can buy your original car back from them and they can sell the decoy car. Then you document the original car as being purchased out of state to replace a CA-legal car.

Then you can move back to CA and get an exemption for your original car. Piece of cake! I think...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
No. All you need to do is buy a CA emissions stock version of what you have, sell your current car to a friend out of state. Then you have to move out of state and have the same friend steal your CA legal car. Then you can buy your original car back from them and they can sell the decoy car. Then you document the original car as being purchased out of state to replace a CA-legal car.

Then you can move back to CA and get an exemption for your original car. Piece of cake! I think...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dude that sucks, and your location in california doesn't help either with all the mental/car hating/tree-huggers, you have there. At least here in the valley it's not quite so bad.

Good luck!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS6427
I hope your brother told them to suck dick if they asked to pop the hood or get into the car.
Are you for real? Dumbass statements like that coming from a motorist are the reason a cop would send you to get inspected. And have the entire PD out for your ***.

Maybe you should have asked why they pulled him over in the first place...driving like an idiot? They certainly had a reason or it would be unconstitutional. And fyi, just the noise level coming from the car would be enough to send someone back to an inspection station and verify their car hadn't been modified in a way that would violate any federal emissions/state laws.

"Dude, I'll give you my home address, register it here in Florida and drive it there. Tell them you live here half the time. **** California."

Brilliant. So they can ticket you/arrest you for registration/licensing violations, insurance rate evasion and submitting false documents for filing to a government agency. Any more advice?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:15 AM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleepy_z
That sucks.
Originally Posted by projectX
that really sucks man..
Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Sorry to hear that man. It sucks.....
Originally Posted by 99_LS1_WS6
Dude that really sucks.
Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Dude that sucks
LOL, "Dude that sucks"....
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Dude, I'll give you my home address, register it here in Florida and drive it there. Tell them you live here half the time. **** California.

thanks for the offer lol i have a buddy in nevada who offered me the same thing yesterday !

i know it does suck !
its allright i guess ... the price to pay for modding a car i guess.
i spent about a hour this morning and i got everything pretty much taken off to pull the cam , i have to just pull the cam out of the motor and put my stock one back in.
then tonight i will go pick up some stock headers , y , cats , and lid and i should be close to back to stock

after this whole mess is over .... i think im going to keep cats on the car , run longtubes again , keep a muffler this time
run a smaller cam that is less noticable, and put some spray to make up for any lost power and hope i dont get pulled over again !

oooo california , i hate you sometimes
Old 05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome all, to Communist California, land of pillaged!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what happent if your car register at none smog state, and you drive to state that have smog test and got pull over for having none emission stuff, what will happent ? I mean tell them you just drive by and not live here ?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understood that our STOCK hyperqutectic (spelling??) pistons allow too much combustion gases to pass through the exhaust pipes...and the air pump introduces extra air at start-up so the engine can meet emmissions standards.....
Then when the pistons heat up and expand that combustion gas doesn't pass so much and an emmissions test can be passed.

NO???????

No, the Air pump introduces air into the exhaust to allow the CAT to catalaize quicker or come up to operating temperature quicker to do it's job. The Airpump then shuts off once the car is at a specified temperature as the CAT is fully heated and doing it's job. Even with a fully stock car you can still fail emissions when the car is first started or in the first few mins as the cat is not up to temperature yet and some higher NOX numbers will be present.

Quick Reply: car got Refed ...