General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Symptoms of a bad 02

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post Symptoms of a bad 02

Well as my ongoing quest to find out why why sensors are never ready for inspection after driving 1000 miles on the car. I decided to think that this may possibly be a bad 02 sensor. Possibly just reading incorrectly or a problem with my exhaust. Which is the most common 02 sensor that goes out and would most likely cause these sensors to read not ready? or would it be a exhaust issue?

The one in front of the cat or the one behind it? I might just change both because I am running out of ideas with my rebuilt jasper ls1 motor. I was looking at another thread when someone said to change the engine fuse. The post said to check the engine sensor and its 20 amp fuse. I am going to buy one just in case but my car seems to run fine mechanically. Sometimes the exhaust gives me a little spit back so it may be an exhaust issue as well. Bad cat maybe?

I am just running out of ideas and I feel like its going to be expensive to narrow this down. The SES light isn't coming on and I really don't want to have to buy new sensors if its an issue with the exhaust. I just don't get why these sensors are never ready so I can never pass my inspection What do you guys think it is?

Also something else I noticed thats been in the back of my mind as far as possibilities is the wire almost directly under the shifter. I believe its the sensor before the cat was hanging low from the bottom of my car and I tucked it back up as soon as I noticed but it seemed connected. I guess that maybe an area that could have possibly hit the street while driving I guess? I didn't think about it until now but would that cause 2 out of 4 sensors to not be ready? Does one directly affect another or could they both be shot?

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 07-06-2011 at 03:55 AM.